Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Are masks required for Symphony performances?
Masks are optional at Wichita Symphony performances. For more information, please see our full health and safety policies here:
Health and Safety Policies
I have Flex Vouchers, how do I get tickets?
Our December "snowflake special" deal of four (4) flex vouchers for just $99 are good for any regular Symphony concert. At such a great price, some restrictions apply to flex voucher usage and redemption:
- Vouchers can only be redeemed for tickets Monday - Friday the week of your selected concert.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed at the door.
- Vouchers may not be redeemed in Section A or Section F.
- Restrictions apply on any concert labeled "Special Event."
- Vouchers expire one year from purchase (December 2022).
Vouchers are redeemable by phone at 316.267.7658 or in person at the WSO Box Office on the Second Floor of Century II Concert Hall.
Please note: Flex Vouchers are only available to purchase for a limited time during the month of December.
How should I plan for the concert?
We have assembled a concert help guide so you can have a seamless symphony experience.
Evening HELP Guide
Are discounts available for single tickets?
Student Discounts - Updated in the 2022-2023 Season!
Student Tickets may be purchased at any time ONLINE, by phone at 316.267.7658, or at the walk-up windows before the concert. One ticket per valid full-time student. Seat change requests will not be accommodated on the day of the concert.
Regular Masterworks performances: $10 Student Ticket
Premium Masterworks and Pops performances: $20 Student Ticket
Film with Live Orchestra: $25 Student Ticket, subject to availability as determined by the Symphony Box Office.
A 10% discount for all regular season concerts is available with a valid military ID, subject to availability. Please call the Box Office at 316.267.7658 for more information.
What about group discounts?
For regular season concerts we offer a 10% discount for groups of 10+.
Please contact the box office at 316.267.7658, or email Nina at email@example.com, to arrange for group tickets.
Can I order tickets online?
Yes! Simply find the concert you wish to attend on our concert listing and click the BUY NOW button. All taxes & fees are included in the price of your ticket, so the price you see is the price you pay!
Are Symphony concerts appropriate for children?
Children who are mature enough to sit quietly during a concert, without disturbing their neighbors, should attend Wichita Symphony Masterworks or Pops performances. We recommend patrons with young children purchase seats near the aisle in case a restless child needs to be taken out of the concert hall during the performance. The Wichita Symphony reserves the right to ask any individuals who are disrupting fellow patrons or the concert setting to leave the hall.
All people, regardless of age, must have a ticket to attend the Wichita Symphony.
What provisions are made for patrons with disabilities?
- Wheelchair Accessibility - There are wheelchair spaces in the Concert and Convention Halls. Please call the office at 316.267.7658 with questions.
- Infrared Listening System- The Century II Concert and Convention Halls are equipped with an Infrared Listening System for hearing-impaired patrons. The system requires no cables or wires. Headsets are available at the box office. A personal ID is required, and will be returned when the headset is returned to the Symphony box office following the performance.
- Restrooms - Handicapped-accessible restrooms are located on the first and second floors of the Concert Hall.
Where should I park?
Check out Location & Parking for more information.
Location & Parking
How can I learn more about the music?
Visit Inside the Music (an exclusive WSO Connect Membership perk) with Daniel for more information.
Inside the Music
Concert Talks one hour prior to Masterworks performances have been postponed for the 2021-2022 season due to health & safety concerns.
Performance Policies and Information
- Photography: We love to see #WichitaSymphony photos and selfies on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but if the conductor is on the podium, please leave your smartphone on silent and leave it in your pocket or purse. Cameras (aside from phones) and tape recorders are NOT allowed inside the Concert Hall. They may be checked at the Symphony box office, if necessary.
- Talking: In consideration of your fellow concertgoers and the performers, please refrain from talking during concerts. The Wichita Symphony reserves the right to ask any individuals who are disrupting fellow patrons or the concert setting to leave the hall.
- Electronic Devices: Cellular phones, watch alarms and other electronic devices should be turned off inside the Concert Hall.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the Century II Performing Arts Center, including all lobbies and performance venues (this includes vaping).
- Food and Drink: Bottled/covered drinks and food are allowed in the Concert Hall. Refillable, spill-proof cups are available for sale at the concession stand.
- Restrooms are located on the first and second floor lobby areas. Most are handicapped-accessible. Water fountains are located nearby.
- Late Seating: Latecomers will be seated at the first opportunity in the program. Patrons are asked to wait quietly in the foyers outside the Concert Hall. As a courtesy to the performers and other concertgoers, please make every effort to be in your seat at the announced starting time of the performance.
- In Case of an Emergency: The emergency phone number for the Concert Hall is (316) 303-8613.
- Lost and Found: Patrons who believe they may have left personal belongings at the Concert Hall should contact the Century II Administrative Office 316.264.9121, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us!