Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
How should I plan for the concert?
We have assembled a concert help guide so you can have a seamless symphony experience.
Evening HELP Guide
Are discounts available for single tickets?
Please Note: There are no discounts in Section F.
Student Rush Discount
Student Rush Tickets go on sale the Monday before each performance, one ticket per valid student ID. They may be purchased by phone at 316.267.7658, in person at the WSO Box Office, or at the walk-up windows before the concert. All student tickets will be held at Will Call until a valid student ID is produced in person. Seat change requests cannot be accommodated on the day of the concert.
- Regular Masterworks performances: $10 Student Rush
- Premium Masterworks and Pops performances: $20 Student Rush, subject to availability as determined by the Symphony Box Office.
- Film with Live Orchestra: $25 Student Rush, subject to availability as determined by the Symphony Box Office.
50% discounts for all Masterworks concerts are available with a military ID the week of the performance, subject to availability. Please call the Box Office at 316.267.7658 for more information. Military discounts are available for Pops concerts on a case-by-case basis.
Beginning the Monday of a Masterworks performance, patrons ages 65+ may receive a 10% discount on request, excluding section F. All seats are subject to availability. Senior discounts for single tickets are not available for Pops concerts.
What about group discounts?
For our Masterworks and Pops performances, we offer:
- 10% discount for groups of 15-24
- 15% discount for groups of 25+
Please contact the box office at 316.267.7658 to arrange for tickets ahead of time.
Can I order tickets online?
Yes! Simply find the concert you wish to attend on our concert listing and click the BUY NOW button. You can even have your tickets emailed.
By the way... Fees and sales tax are included in the price of your ticket. There are no added fees, regardless of delivery or order method (#winning).
Are Symphony concerts appropriate for children?
Only children who are mature enough to sit quietly during a concert, without disturbing their neighbors, should attend Wichita Symphony Masterworks or Pops performances. We recommend patrons with young children purchase seats near the aisle in case a restless child needs to be taken out of the concert hall during the performance. The Wichita Symphony reserves the right to ask any individuals who are disrupting fellow patrons or the concert setting to leave the hall.
All people, regardless of age, must have a ticket to attend the Wichita Symphony.
What provisions are made for patrons with disabilities?
- Wheelchair Accessibility - There are wheelchair spaces in the Concert and Convention Halls. Please call the office in advance at 316.267.7658 to secure special seating.
- Infrared Listening System- The Century II Concert and Convention Halls are equipped with an Infrared Listening System for hearing-impaired patrons. The system requires no cables or wires. Headsets are available at the box office. A personal ID is required, and will be returned when the headset is returned to the Symphony box office following the performance.
- Restrooms - Handicapped-accessible restrooms are located on the first and second floors of the Concert Hall.
Where should I park?
Check out Location & Parking for more information.
Location & Parking
How can I learn more about the music?
Visit Inside the Music with Daniel for more information or join us for a Concert Talk one hour prior to each Masterworks performance.
Inside the Music
Performance Policies and Information
- Photography: We love to see #WichitaSymphony photos and selfies on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but if the conductor is on the podium, please leave your smartphone on silent and leave it in your pocket or purse. Cameras (aside from phones) and tape recorders are NOT allowed inside the Concert Hall. They may be checked at the Symphony box office, if necessary.
- Talking: In consideration of your fellow concertgoers and the performers, please refrain from talking during concerts. The Wichita Symphony reserves the right to ask any individuals who are disrupting fellow patrons or the concert setting to leave the hall.
- Electronic Devices: Cellular phones, watch alarms and other electronic devices should be turned off inside the Concert Hall.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the Century II Performing Arts Center, including all lobbies and performance venues (this includes vaping).
- Food and Drink: Bottled/covered drinks and food are allowed in the Concert Hall. Refillable, spill-proof cups are available for sale at the concession stand.
- Restrooms are located on the first and second floor lobby areas. Most are handicapped-accessible. Water fountains are located nearby.
- Late Seating: Latecomers will be seated at the first opportunity in the program. Patrons are asked to wait quietly in the foyers outside the Concert Hall. As a courtesy to the performers and other concertgoers, please make every effort to be in your seat at the announced starting time of the performance.
- In Case of an Emergency: The emergency phone number for the Concert Hall is (316) 303-8613.
- Lost and Found: Patrons who believe they may have left personal belongings at the Concert Hall should contact the Century II Administrative Office 316.264.9121, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us!