2021 NAFTZGER YOUNG ARTISTS AUDITIONS & AWARDS
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2021 Naftzger Young Artists Auditions, previously scheduled for March 27 and 28, 2021 at the Duerksen Fine Arts Center on the campus of Wichita State University, are postponed until further notice.
Concern for the health of all participants is our priority. Please check this page for future updates.
I wish you good health and success in your career.
CEO, Wichita Symphony
Information regarding the 2021 Naftzger Young Artists Auditions & Awards will be posted as it becomes available subject to conditions surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For any questions, please contact Samantha Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our 2019 Naftzger Young Artists Auditions Winners:
Pictured from left to right: Simon Karakulidi (piano), Kelli Van Meter (soprano), Malcolm Guobi Liu (piano), Sandro Sidomonidze (cello), Kiarra Saito-Beckman (violin), Traian Sturza (bassoon), Yu-hsuan Chang (horn), Phillip R. Lopez (bass-baritone)
NAFTZGER YOUNG ARTISTS AWARD RECIPIENT ($5,000 Grand Prize)
Simon Karakulidi, Park University, piano
DIVISION WINNERS ($2,000 Cash Prize)
- Strings Division Winner: Kiarra Saito-B eckman, Cleveland Institute of Music, violin
- Vocal Division Winner: Kelli Van Meter, University of Missouri-Kansas City, soprano
- Woodwind/Brass/Percussion Division Winner: Traian Sturza, Schwob School of Music, bassoon
DIVISION RUNNERS UP ($500 Cash Prize)
- Strings Division Runner Up: Sandro Sidamonidze, Michigan State University, cello
- Vocal Division Runner Up: Phillip R. Lopez, Wichita State University, bass-baritone
- Piano Division Runner Up: Guobi Malcolm Liu, University of Kansas
- Woodwind/Brass/Percussion Runner Up: Yu-hsuan Chang, Wichita State University, horn
ALL NAFTZGER WINNERS
The Naftzger Young Artists Auditions and Music Awards are administered by the
Wichita Symphony Society and are made possible by
The Naftzger Fund for Fine Arts, Inc.
Created by Mr. and Mrs. M.C. Naftzger in memory of
L.S. Naftzger, Ida L. Naftzger, and Lee Southwell Naftzger II